Ako Aotearoa Central Hub
Tēnā koe / Greetings,
Welcome to the Central Hub page where you will find links and information to who we are, how we operate, the tertiary projects we are funding and how to contact us.
2014 continues with many Professional Development workshops available and some new workshops offered for the first time. See the section below for details.
The Central Hub: Workshops in your area
The Professional Development Programme is designed to support educators and managers working across New Zealand in diverse tertiary education environments. The programme offers high-quality events to enhance educators’ teaching practice and provide wider support towards organisational strategies that aim to improve educational outcomes for all learners.
- Effective assessment of learning - Napier 21 July
- Transforming Education: Improving learning in large lectures - Wellington 23 July
- Effective web-based Open Education Practices - Wellington, 27 August
- Student self-assessment: An assessment method for enhanced learning - Wellington 16 September
- Student self-assessment: An assessment method for enhanced learning - Palmerston North 16 October
Book Your own event
We welcome enquiries about offering Professional Development Programme workshops at other times for specific groups or organisations, contact us to discuss a tailored workshop for your staff, group or organisation with special rates and time to suit.
We continue to work on the current Regional Hub funded projects. Read the article that highlights our current projects or find out about how to apply for the 2014 round of RHPF.
Please contact me if you would like to discuss ways that we can work together for the benefit of tertiary learners.
Ian Rowe, Operations Manager,
I.Rowe@ucol.ac.nz or phone 06 952 7153.
We look forward to hearing from you.