A list of websites for key organisations involved in teaching and learning within the tertiary education sector in New Zealand and overseas
- Adult & Community Education (ACE) Aotearoa - www.aceaotearoa.org.nz
The national umbrella organisation for the ACE sector
- Association of Tertiary Learning Advisors of NZ (ATLAANZ) - www.atlaanz.org
An association of professionals working in learning advisory roles in tertiary institutions in Aotearoa
- Australasian Council on Open, Distance and eLearning (ACODE)- www.acode.edu.au
For universities engaged or interested in open, distance, flexible and e-learning.
- Australasian Society for Computers for Learning in Tertiary Education (ASCILITE) - www.ascilite.org.au
A community of innovators, leaders and scholars engaged with the cutting edge applications of technology to enhance teaching and learning in higher education
- Distance Education Association of NZ (DEANZ) - www.deanz.org.nz
An Association for Professionals working in Flexible, Open and Networked Education
- Education Counts - www.educationcounts.govt.nz
The Ministry of Education's online space for you to access statistical data, quantitative information and research about the education sector.
- Education Review - www.educationreview.co.nz
New Zealand's only newspaper dedicated to covering news, issues and events in the school and tertiary sectors
- Industry Training Federation of NZ - http://itf.org.nz
Represents Industry Training Organisations (ITOs) to government and works with agencies and sector groups to improve the policy for and delivery of industry skill development and workplace learning.
- Institututes of Technology and Polytechnics of NZ (ITP New Zealand) - www.itpnz.ac.nz
The national association for institutes of technology and polytechnics (ITPs).
- Higher Education Research & Development Association of Australasia (HERDSA) - www.herdsa.org.nz
The New Zealand branch of HERDSA - "Australasia's leading society in the field of higher education"
- Literacy Aotearoa - www.literacy.org.nz
A national organisation of adult literacy providers and is a leading commentator on literacy issues in Aotearoa.
- Ministry of Education>Tertiary Education - www.minedu.govt.nz/educationSectors/TertiaryEducation.aspx
Information about/for the tertiary education sector from the Ministry of Education
- National Centre of Literacy and Numeracy for Adults - www.literacyandnumeracyforadults.com
Commissioned to support the professional development of educators and other professionals involved in the delivery of literacy and numeracy education for adults.
- New Zealand Association for Cooperative Education - www.nzace.ac.nz
Promotes co-operative education to education providers, business and industry and government in New Zealand.
- New Zealand Association for Research in Education - www.nzare.org.nz
Aims to foster excellence in educational research in Aotearoa-New Zealand.
- New Zealand Association for Training and Development - www.nzatd.org.nz
New Zealand's professional association for workplace learning and performance, training and development, and adult education specialists.
- New Zealand Association of Private Education Providers (NZAPEP) - www.nzapep.co.nz
A national organisation representing private tertiary institutions and recognised by the Government as the main representative of the sector.
- New Zealand Council for Educational Research (NZCER) - www.nzcer.org.nz
An independent, educational research organisation that provides educators, students, parents, policy makers and the public with innovative research, analysis and advice.
- New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) - www.nzqa.govt.nz
NZQA quality-assures secondary and tertiary qualifications and education providers, evaluates overseas qualifications and administers the New Zealand Register of Quality Assured Qualifications and the National Qualifications Framework, including the NCEA.
- Te Tauihu o Ngā Wānanga (Association of Wānanga) - www.wananga.ac.nz/
A body representing the Wānanga
- Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) - www.tec.govt.nz
Responsible for leading the government's relationship with the tertiary education sector, and for policy development and implementation.
- Australian Government Office for Learning and Teaching (OLT) - www.olt.gov.au
The Office for Learning and Teaching was established in November 2011 and has funding of $50 million over four years through the Promotion of Excellence in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education Program. The OLT promotes and supports change in higher education institutions for the enhancement of learning and teaching.
- Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching - www.carnegiefoundation.org
An independent policy and research center with a primary mission "to do and perform all things necessary to encourage, uphold, and dignify the profession of the teacher and the cause of higher education."
- Higher Education Academy (UK) - www.heacademy.ac.uk
The Academy's role is to be a nationwide focus for enhancing teaching, learning and students' experiences in higher education.
- International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning - www.issotl.org
The goal of the Society is to foster inquiry and disseminate findings about what improves and articulates post-secondary learning and teaching
- Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (Canada) - www.stlhe.ca/en/stlhe
An association of academics interested in the improvement of teaching and learning in higher education.
If you know of other organisations' websites that should be added to this list, please email the site administrator.