An overview of the Tertiary Teaching Excellence Awards nomination process
Please note: you should also read the Criteria and guidelines booklet for a more detailed guide of what is required and how to make a nomination.
Portfolio preparation - start early!
- Collect evidence of learner benefit – evaluation data, emails, notes, letters – correspondence from your learners that supports your excellent practice.
- Refer to A tertiary practitioner’s guide to collecting evidence of learner benefit by Anne Alkem, for Ako Aotearoa.
- Read Advice to TTEA 2017 nominees by the Tertiary Teaching Excellence Awards (TTEA) Committee.
- Gather support from your colleagues, department, Tumuaki and organisation.
- Contact the Ako Aotearoa Regional Hub in your area for advice on the portfolio process.
- Our Regional Hubs can connect you with a member of the Ako Aotearoa Academy of Tertiary Teaching Excellence (past TTEA winners) for additional guidance through the process.
Meeting the deadline - Friday 31 March 2017
- All portfolios should be received by deadline, then checked and distributed to members of the TTEA Committee. The committee meets late May to select recipients.
- The committee’s recommendations are then forwarded to the Minister for Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment – Hon Steven Joyce – for his endorsement.
- Successful nominees will be notified immediately, upon receipt of the Minister’s sign off.
- The awards dinner at parliament will take place during July or August.