The Higher Education Pacific Peer Review Quality Project
The Higher Education Pacific Review Quality (HEPPRQ) project has involved an intensive self-review process of teaching quality and programme quality by participating institutions The University of Tasmania, The National University of Samoa, The University of the South Pacific, The University of Waikato, and Manukau Institute of Technology.
The Project lead is Dr Sara Booth (The University of Tasmania), with Tea Tepora Wright (National University Samoa) and Helen Lomax of Ako Aotearoa. Ako Aotearoa is co-funding the project with the participating institutions.
The Higher Education Pacific Peer Review Quality Project aims to:
- Benchmark institutional processes and data on teaching quality and programme quality
- Benchmark assessment inputs/outputs in a range of disciplines using the online Peer Review Portal;
- Build capacity for HE institutions to identify a gap in the self-review exercise and develop policy/and or process to address this gap;
- Build capacity for HE institutions (& industry and regulatory agencies) to participate in external peer review processes to improve their own educational performance; and
- Develop institutional and international recommendations and share good practice with other HE institutions and key quality stakeholders.
2017 International Peer Review Workshop
The HEPPRQ Project culminated in an International peer review workshop and open forum to share good practice and areas for improvement in teaching quality and programme quality across the Pacific. Some of the presentations from the session are available for download below.
The forum was held on 6 - 7 November 2017 at the Pacific Community Centre, Manukau Institute of Technology, Auckland.
Day One: Project Team Peer Review Workshop
The Project Team shared feedback on project results to generate shared themes and priorities for teaching quality and for programme quality.
Overview of objectives and outcomes of peer review workshop – snapshot of portal results
Introductions and discussion of institutional context statements
- HEPQ workshop presentation University of Waikato overview
- HEPQ workshop presentation MIT overview
- HEPQ workshop presentation University of the South Pacific overview
- HEPQ workshop presentation The National University of Samoa overview
Peer review of Assessment Inputs/Outputs by Discipline or Programme
Report back on observations / Closing thoughts
Day Two: Open Forum
Key representatives from the tertiary sector and regulatory agencies joined the Project Team to find out about the project results and to collaborate and share ideas on building capability for teaching quality and programme quality in the Pacific region.
Overview of objectives and outcomes of peer review workshop
- HEPQ workshop presentation University of South Pacific Self-review
- HEPQ workshop presentation NUS Change program
Summary of Peer Review Workshop Outcomes
Quality in the Pacific region - Talanoa
- HEPQ workshop presentation Day two talanoa key challenges
- HEPQ workshop presentation talanoa group 1 and 2 key challenges
- HEPQ workshop presentation talanoa group 3 key challenges
Photos from the forum
Previous benchmarking projects