Coffee Break Guides
A series of short guides to assist the professional development of new lecturers and tutors.
Paulene Crook – Wellington Institute of Technology (Weltec)
Date completed: June 2010
About the project
These 11 guides were developed to support new tertiary lecturers and teachers. They cover a range of teaching topics.
If you have any questions about these guides, contact Tania Hawkins, Professional Development Manager at WelTec, (04) 9202 423
Access to the guides
The guides are available in the following ways:
- as web pages – click on the links at the bottom of this page
- as pdfs, which can be downloaded from the links on this page
- in print as a complete set, which can be purchased online from the Ako Aotearoa shop.
- Citing and referencing (530 KB PDF)
- Creatiing effective presentations for teaching and learning (493 KB PDF)
- Credit transfer (292 KB PDF)
- Educational technologies (177 KB PDF)
- Embedding literacy (717 KB PDF)
- Engaging Pasifika students (1.22 MB PDF)
- Helping students to study (1.11 MB PDF)
- National Qualifications Framework (1.05 MB)
- Student workload (302 KB PDF)
- Supporting Māori students – 'Our voice'
- Understanding your students (799 KB PDF)
Adapting the guides
You are welcome to use and adapt these guides as long as you attribute Weltec and Ako Aotearoa as outlined in the Creative Commons copyright statement below.
This work is published under the Creative Commons 3.0 New Zealand Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike Licence (BY-NC-SA). Under this licence you are free to copy, distribute, display and perform the work as well as to remix, tweak, and build upon this work noncommercially, as long as you credit the author/s and license your new creations under the identical terms.