National Centre for Student Equity in Higher Education (Australia)
Launched in February, 2009, the Centre is a research centre established to facilitate the study of student equity policy and practice in Australian higher education and in related fields, and to lead the development of new knowledge in these fields.
The centre is developing an online open-access repository of equity research, policy and practice and a web-based 'equity exchange' to facilitate networks and information sharing among researchers, policy makers and practitioners in the field.
The centre's research agenda includes but is not limited to:
- post-compulsory education for students from low socioeconomic backgrounds
- higher education pathways, including second chance opportunities
- the interface between VET and higher education
- higher education and regional engagement
- higher education and students with disabilities.