Developing and implementing an evaluation process for organisational capability in technology enhanced programme development
|Synapsys NZ Ltd is partnering with Ako Aotearoa in a project that will enable ten tertiary organisations to explore and benchmark how they assimilate technology into learning.
We are inviting Industry Training Organisations, Private Training Establishments and Tertiary Education Institutions to register their interest by 7 October, 2016.
Project ID: PAR16-004
About the project
All tertiary education organisations (TEO) are confronted with how to reframe how they offer learning to incorporate technology in an effective way. This challenge impacts not only on the learning experience itself, but also on the systems and processes that underpin their design and development.
This project will engage a group of institutions and provide a mechanism for them to benchmark themselves against a rubric of relevant indicators. It will also:
- enable participating organisations to share learnings;
- disseminate to the wider sector key learnings from the cohort; and
- in doing so, inform decision-making by organisations on how best to prioritise professional development activity.
The aim of this project is to support TEOs to manage change and develop capability by:
- Working with them to assess their level of organisational maturity against a series of indicators.
- Providing institutions with an opportunity to identify targeted professional development objectives given their position against the aggregated capability view.
- Informing the sector on the wider findings of the evaluation process.
Design / Methodology
Participating organisations will survey their staff against a set of benchmark indicators. Ako Aotearoa and Synapsys will support them to evaluate the results in terms of their current capability and potential opportunities for development.
All participating organisations will then participate in a joint process to explore opportunities at a sector level for capability development. Project outcomes will be written up for dissemination to the wider sector.
- Participating organisations will be better informed as to their current capability and what the most effective professional development opportunities are for them.
- Participating organisations will also have a better understanding of wide sector capability and have benchmarked themselves against it.
- The wider sector will be better informed about the opportunities for capability development within their organisations.
- Phil Garing, Director Synapsys
- Nicki Alori, Project Manager Synapsys
- Rachael Hemingway, Project Co-ordinator Synapsys
- Carolyn Levy, Consultant
Ako Aotearoa $50,000 (excl. GST)
Synapsys $80,200 (excl. GST)
Project commenced: Mid-August 2016
Project completion: Mid 2017
The dissemination report will include a series of sector-specific case studies and key findings.
|The report from this project is published under the Creative Commons 3.0 New Zealand Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike Licence (BY-NC-SA/3.0-NZ). Under this licence you are free to copy, distribute, display and perform the work as well as to remix, tweak, and build upon this work non-commercially, as long as you credit the author/s and license your new creations under the identical terms.|