He Taunga Waka 2017
For 2017, two types of He Taunga Waka workshops, 'Ako, Aro and Whanaungatanga' and 'Pasifika Wave', are available for tertiary education organisations (TEOs) delivering programmes across the foundation sector.
In 2016 He Taunga Waka delivered 45 free workshops to approximately 600 educators working in the foundation sector. These workshops were delivered nationally with a mix of public and inhouse offerings available.
New event for 2017!
He Taunga Waka Wānanga/Fono 2017
Pasifika Community Centre, Manukau Institute of Technology, Ōtara, Auckland
5 & 6 July 2017
Educators making a difference for Māori & Pasifika learners through literacy and numeracy
To support sector-wide educator capacity and support efforts to improve literacy and numeracy outcomes for Māori and Pasifika learners.
- To provide a forum for educators of Māori and Pasifika learners and PLD (Professional Learning Development) trainers to reflect, debate and share good practice
- To further develop the educators who attend
- To identify good practice and how it can be scaled up
- To continue to have two-way communication between government and educators
- To continue knowledge exchange, conversations, and collaboration across the sector to make a difference
- To seek creative solutions which enhance literacy and numeracy outcomes for Māori and Pasifika learners
- To strengthen connections between the Literacy and Numeracy Strategy, Tū Māia, and the Pasifika Operational Strategy.
2016 flipbook out now
Experience and reflect on unfolding trends in the Māori and Pasifika tertiary space in Aotearoa New Zealand with our digital He Taunga Waka Wānanga/Fono 2016 flipbook.
- Māori Project Manager: Dr Mei Winitana
Pasifika Project Manager: Bruce George
Pasifika Project Manager: Pale Sauni
This report from this project is published under the Creative Commons 3.0 New Zealand Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike Licence (BY-NC-SA). Under this licence you are free to copy, distribute, display and perform the work as well as to remix, tweak, and build upon this work noncommercially, as long as you credit the author/s and license your new creations under the identical terms.