Haere mai - welcome to ACEnet - a community website for all those involved in adult and community education.
We invite you to join this community which is about supporting one another so that we can be more effective ACE practitioners and better meet the learning needs in our communites.
ACE Aotearoa and Ako Aotearoa's Northern Hub are pleased to invite you to attend a seminar on Men’s Sheds and Men’s Learning and Wellbeing, at which we are privileged to have Professor Barry Golding, an adult and community education researcher from the University of Ballarat, Australia > find out more
This is what the Government's recently released Tertiary Education Strategy 2010 - 2015 says under ‘Expectations of Providers’:
“Adult and community education has three core roles:
- to serve learners whose first learning experience was unsuccessful
- to assist those seeking pathways into tertiary learning
- to assist people who lack the literacy, language and numeracy skills for work and further study.
The Government expects adult and community education to:
- engage learners who have not been well served by education in the past
- increase literacy, language and numeracy skills for individuals and whānau
- contribute to the overall cohesiveness of the community.”
Please look around the site; you can view everything on ACEnet without being registered (on the Ako Aotearoa website). But we encourage you to join the ACEnet community so you can actively participate.
To join the ACEnet community:
- if you do not already have an account with Ako Aotearoa: register here then Join ACEnet by returning to this page via 'Communities' and clicking on the ‘Join’ button that will appear above.
- if you do already have an Ako account: log-in now and click the Join button that will appear above.
Having problems or confused? See Using this community space for more information.
Please take the time to leave a message for others in the 'Getting to know you' activity by sharing who you are and what role you play in the ACE community. This is a chance to meet other people working in ACE who you may not already know.
Our dream is that this community will discuss a range of topics. Share your ideas on how best to use this space through the 'What we want' forum.
We chose embedding literacy and numeracy as our first topic and you may access the resources for this topic by clicking here.
We are now building a library of resources on Engaging learners whose first learning experience was unsuccessful.