Ako Aotearoa Central Hub
Tēnā koe / Greetings,
Welcome to the Central Hub page where you will find links and information to who we are, how we operate, the tertiary projects we are funding and how to contact us.
2018 continues with many Professional Learning and Development workshops available including some new workshops offered for the first time. We continue planning for 2018 and will post the details as soon as they are available. All workshops listed below are open for registration now.
Useful links for the Central Hub
The Central Hub: Professional Learning and Development Workshops in your area
The Professional Learning and Development Programme is designed to support educators and managers working across New Zealand in diverse tertiary education environments. The programme offers high-quality events to enhance educators’ teaching practice and provide wider support towards organisational strategies that aim to improve educational outcomes for all learners. All workshops listed below are open for registration now.
Sign up to our Professional Learning and Development mailing list to hear about upcoming workshops in your area
Upcoming workshops 2018
We are continuing the planning process for 2018. Please let us know if you have any particular workshops that you would like to see offered. Contact Ian Ian.Rowe@ako.ac.nz
For professional development registrations for the second half of the year, go to our new website:
- 25 July 2018, Engaging Learners in a blended learning environment - Wellington
- 21 August 2018, Problem based learning: Creating student-led activities for work-ready outcomes-- Wellington
- 18 September 2018, Kia eke ki te taumata-- Success for Māori in tertiary education-- Wellington
- 26 September 2018, Kia eke ki te taumata-- Success for Māori in tertiary education --Palmerston North
- 24 October 2018, Successful teaching strategies for Pacific learners -- Wellington
- 31 October 2018, Supporting adults with dyslexia in tertiary education and training: An introduction -- Palmerston North
- 20 November 2018, Supporting adults with dyslexia in tertiary education and training: An introduction -- Porirua
Book Your own event!
We welcome enquiries about offering Professional Learning and Development Programme workshops at other times for specific groups or organisations, contact us to discuss a tailored workshop for your staff, group or organisation with special rates and time to suit.
We continue to work on the current Regional Hub funded projects.
To find out about how to apply for the current round of RHPF.
Please contact me if you would like to discuss ways that we can work together for the benefit of tertiary learners.
Ian Rowe, Regional Hub Manager,
Ian.Rowe@ako.ac.nz or phone 06 951 9217
I look forward to hearing from you.
When working with adult learners - building relationships and empowering people to pursue their potential and define their own success - we can sometimes lose sight of the invisible boundaries between what’s personal, and what’s professional?
- 20 June, Clarifying boundaries in teacher-student relationships for safe practice - Palmerston North NEW
- 21 June, Clarifying boundaries in teacher-student relationships for safe practice - Wellington NEW
Click the links to register and to find out more information.