Ako Aotearoa Central Hub
Tēnā koe / Greetings,
Welcome to the Central Hub page where you will find links and information to who we are, how we operate, the tertiary projects we are funding and how to contact us.
2017 will continue with many Professional Development workshops available and some new workshops offered for the first time. We are now in the planning stages for 2017 and will post the details as soon as they are available.
The Central Hub offices have moved! The Central Hub is now located on the Massey University Palmerston North Hokowhitu Campus in The Te Ara Building.
Useful links for the Central Hub
- who we are
- how we operate
- the tertiary projects we are funding
- how to contact us- new details
The Central Hub: Professional Learning and Development Workshops in your area
The Professional Development Programme is designed to support educators and managers working across New Zealand in diverse tertiary education environments. The programme offers high-quality events to enhance educators’ teaching practice and provide wider support towards organisational strategies that aim to improve educational outcomes for all learners.
Sign up to our Professional Learning and Development mailing list to hear about upcoming workshops in your area
We are continuing the planning process for the second half of 2017. Please let us know if you have any particular workshops that you would like to see offered. Contact Ian I.D.Rowe@massey.ac.nz
- Friday, 2 June Improving outcomes for under 25 year old learners - (new workshop) Wellington
- Wednesday,14 June Educational practices that benefit Pacific learners
- Wednesday, 21 June, Effective assessment that supports learning - Wellington postponed until 22 August 2017--registrations open
- Monday, 26 June, Developing practices for new tertiary teachers - Palmerston North
There are no public workshop scheduled for July. Please contact the Central Hub if you are interested in a tailored in-house workshop for your organisation - Ian Rowe I.D.Rowe@massey.ac.nz
August 2017 - registrations open
- Wednesday, 9 August, Thoughtful teaching: Using reflective practice tools for supporting teaching, learning and professional devleopment - Wellington
- Tuesday, 22 August Effective assessment that supports learning - Wellington
September 2017 - registrations open
- Monday, 25 September Developing practices for new tertiary teachers - Wellington
- Wednesday, 27 September Student self-assessment: an assessment method for enhanced learning - Wellington
October 2017 - registrations open
- Wednesday, 4 October Kia Eke ki te taumata- Success for Māori in tertiary education- Wellington
- Wednesday, 18 October Co-operative learning: A teacher's guide to working with groups - Wellington
- Tuesday, 31 October Engaging challenging learners - Wellington
November 2017 - registrations open
- Wednesday,1 November Engaging challenging learners - Palmerston North
- Wednesday, 8 November Supporting adults with dyslexia in tertiary education and training: An introduction - Wellington
- Tuesday, 14 November Engage, Enhance, Enliven: Practical tips and techniques to enhance learner engagements - Wellington
- Tuesday, 21 November Evaluative Self Assessment to enhance organisational performance and learner outcomes - Wellington
- Monday, 27 November Engaging learners in a blended learning environment - Wellington
Book Your own event for 2017
We welcome enquiries about offering Professional Development Programme workshops at other times for specific groups or organisations, contact us to discuss a tailored workshop for your staff, group or organisation with special rates and time to suit.
We continue to work on the current Regional Hub funded projects click here to find out about how to apply for the current round of RHPF.
Please contact me if you would like to discuss ways that we can work together for the benefit of tertiary learners.
Ian Rowe, Regional Hub Manager,
I.D.Rowe@MASSEY.ac.nz or phone 06 951 9217
We look forward to hearing from you.
New Professional Learning & Development Workshop!
Register now, spaces are limited
Friday, 2 June 2017
$90 plus GST
Sign up to our PD mailing list to hear about upcoming workshops in your area