Collaboration in clinical simulation - Leading the way
Welcome to the Collaboration in Clinical Simulation web page!
Our vision was to enhance quality simulation pedagogy in all undergraduate nursing programmes as required by the Nursing Council of New Zealand.
This collaboration project was developed to increase and support the collaboration of nurse educators involved in clinical simulation. Our aim wass to enable individuals involved in undergraduate nursing education to join together and share ideas, news and resources and to also hopefully link together in a more cohesive and integrated way. The other aims for the project include:
- Developing an inventory of current simulation practices and resources within Schools of Nursing In Zealand
- Completing a literature review on simulation in undergraduate nursing education - with a NZ/Australasian focus
- Developing evidence based teaching and learning guidelines in clinical simulation in undergraduate nursing education
- Conduct a 2-day workshop for lecturers involved in undergraduate nursing education and clinical simulation
- Nurse educators
- Researchers interested in clinical simulation
- Managers and leaders interested in clinical simulation
- Karen Edgecombe (Contact Project Leader), Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology
- Dr Philippa Seaton, Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology
- Karen Monahan, Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology
- Susie LePage, Universal College of Learning
- Dr Salome Meyer, Eastern Institute of Technology
- Gwen Erlam, Auckland University of Technology
- Pamela Jeffries, Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing, Baltimore, USA
It is intended that research opportunities will follow on from our preliminary work. While the above individuals formed the initial steering group, this collaborative group is intended for all New Zealand Schools of Nursing. We welcome everyone and hope that we all take this opportunity to work together, share those ideas and grow simulation within New Zealand undergraduate nursing education. We have developed a list of Simulation in Undergraduate Nursing Education Contacts
$25,825 GST exc.
What’s been happening?
Clinical simulation workshop
The first clinical simulation collaborative group workshop was held in Auckland in April 2012. All Schools of Nursing in New Zealand were invited and only two representatives were not in attendance on the day. The workshop programme involved networking and familiarising with other schools’, their programmes and simulation activities. All attendees participated in the dialogue and all demonstrated a willingness to openly share experiences, advice and knowledge. We are exploring the possibility of holding another workshop in 2013.
Current simulation practices
We surveyed all Schools of Nursing in New Zealand about their current simulation practices. Click here for the collated results
We are currently developing a literature review about clinical simulation practices. Click here for the reference list
We host a forum on issues relating to clinical simulation. Click here to see the forum topics
This report from this project is published under the Creative Commons 3.0 New Zealand Attribution Non-commercial Share Alike Licence (BY-NC-SA). Under this licence you are free to copy, distribute, display and perform the work as well as to remix, tweak, and build upon this work noncommercially, as long as you credit the author/s and license your new creations under the identical terms.