The ITP Foundation Education Forum is on the move! We have decided as a group to amalgamate wit the Bridging Educators Association of New Zealand, and as such will have a "change of skin" over the coming twelve months.
The professional development focus of past forum meetings will endure, with a new pathway into an annual conference also. Exciting times ahead! Keep an eye on this space as we move through the year, and please do contribute your thoughts and ideas for how we can grow and use this space to better cater to your professional development needs.
Foundation Education provides pathways for learners, identifying their strengths and challenges and helping them and helping them to achieve the confidence and ability to fulfil their potential. It offers a supportive, nurturing, culturally-appropriate environment in which learners can develop and practise relevant, transferable skills. These include numeracy, language and literacy (oral, aural, visual, digital, financial information…) as well as critical thinking, problem-solving and communication technology. Foundation Education enables individuals to be more successful in their study, more effective in their contributions to society and more productive in the workforce.
Our Community Vision for the ITP sector, in the area of foundation education is:
In three years, the ITP sector will work from a shared understanding of foundation education and its benefits as a means of empowering and creating success for learners, their families and communities, and for society and the economy.
The sector will acknowledge these benefits through :
- Incorporating foundation education in strategic and investment planning as the basis of the education opportunities that it offers;
- Allocating realistic and continuing funding to foundation education activities;
- Creating relevant pathways for all members of society to access foundation education opportunities; including collaboration with other organisations; and,
- Creating a culture within and between ITPs that has an educational and pastoral care at the centre of its practice and ongoing development.
To join our ITP affiliated community:
- Create an Ako Aotearoa account by registering here (if you already have an account skip this step).
- When your registration is confirmed click on the ‘Join’ tab at the top of our community page. Navigate your way back to our community page from the 'Communities' tab or by searching the site for "ITP Foundation".
- If you already have an Ako account: log-in now and click the 'Join' tab at the top of our community page.
Having problems or confused? Email: Group Owner.
The Executive would like to encourage participants to upload a profile image, so others are able to "put a face to the name". Group membership is moderated, however group activity is not, in line with the ideal of having a common space to share ideas, thoughts and resources related to foundation education.
Please be courteous and use discretion when posting to the group, with normal ettiquette extending to this online environment.