Learners' participation, retention and success in e-learning: An annotated bibliography
This bibliography compiled by the Ministry of Education is an essential starting point for anyone researching e-learning in the tertiary context.
Peter Guiney, Tertiary Sector Performance Analysis, Ministry of Education
Date: February 2012
About the bibliography
This work was undertaken by the Ministry of Education with support from the Tertiary eLearning Reference Group which is co-chaired by Ako Aotearoa.
It brings together a wide range of disparate work in a coherent way that focuses on meeting the needs of learners. It provides:
- a comprehensive overview of recent (2004-2010) work in the field
- its implications for practice and
- flags up some gaps in our understanding.
It is an essential starting point for anyone considering research or implementation projects in this area and brings together information from:
- published research in journals, books and the internet, and
- ‘grey’ literature including project reports, unpublished theses and dissertations and reports commissioned by government agencies.
You can download the bibliography as a PDF or DOC from Education Counts, the Ministry of Education's publications website.