National Project Fund
Information about Ako Aotearoa's National Project Fund and applying for funding in 2017.
Creating sustainable change
Ako Aotearoa has published a guide which can assist with the preparation of your funding application: Creating sustainable change to Improve outcomes for tertiary learners
Use the links below to find further information:
The Ako Aotearoa National Project Fund (NPF) is a strategic change fund – a fund that supports evidence-based change in teaching and learning practice for the benefit of learners.
The goals of the NPF in priority order are to:
- enhance educational outcomes for learners
- contribute to the development of a more coherent knowledge base of effective tertiary teaching and learning in Aotearoa – New Zealand
- promote collaboration across and within different parts of the tertiary education sector
- build research capability and capacity.
|Request for Proposals (RFP) opens||18 August|
|Review service opens||11 September|
|Review service closes||29 September|
|Submissions close||06 October|
|Selection panel meets||week of 30 October|
|Contracts concluded with successful applicants||by 15 December|
As part of our commitment to working in partnership with project teams, our support for applicants includes:
- a guide to support the development of change projects, including Anne Alkema's, Creating sustainable change to improve outcomes for tertiary learners
- Please watch this short webinar with information about the NPF fund and application process
|Download the webinar information (200kb PDF)
- a formal review process, whereby applicants can submit their draft proposals for feedback. The review service for each RPF process will close eight working days before the RFP closes.
- a commitment to understanding and enhancing the outcomes of funded projects through our Impact Evaluation Process.
Established in 2008, the NPF has developed a large body of work and we are now well positioned to identify key areas we want to build on.
The 2017 fund is aimed at making a significant difference in retention, completion, and outcomes for Māori and Pacific learners.
Please read the 2017 RFP Specifications for Proposals (480kb PDF)
Please complete the 2017 RFP Proposal Form (125kb .DOCX)
Proposals must be emailed to Alexia Tuhi on email@example.com as a PDF file not later than 5pm Friday 06 October. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Ako Aotearoa NPF Selection Panels are independent groups that evaluate applications to the NPF.
- A funding workshop webinar will be posted to the Ako Aotearoa website on the 28 August, 2017
- Read the Ako Aotearoa Project Funding Procedures and Guidelines 2017 (1.12 MB .PDF)
- Read the Ako Aotearoa Funding Policy (119 KB .PDF)
- Read the Ako Aotearoa synthesis of projects focused on supporting Māori learners report (2 MB PDF)
- Read the Ako Aotearoa synthesis of projects focused on supporting Pacific learners report (1mb PDF)
The NPF supports projects in partnership with other funders and organisations on a co-funding basis. Potential partners are encouraged to contact the National Office with a project idea as early as possible.