Waiariki Agricultural Collaboration
This project will implement a new intervention responding to the desire of iwi to raise the participation and success of Māori learners in agricultural training programmes. A strengths-based approach will be adapted, which is premised on the view that the best possible educational outcomes for learners are where the community, whānau, hapū, iwi and education providers are fully involved to contribute to learner outcomes.
- Olive Jonas, Te Wānanga o Aotearoa
- Stephen Carr, Taratahi Agricultural Training Centre
- Rangimarie Hunia, Te Wānanga o Aotearoa
- Neville King (Contact Project Leader),Te Wānanga o Aotearoa
- Maurice Meha, Te Arawa Collective
- Barry Ogilvie, Te Wānanga o Aotearoa
$130,000 GST exc
Project commenced: early 2011
Expected project completion: mid 2012.
Presentation given at the 2011 Ako Aotearoa Research in Progress Colloquium