Ako Aotearoa Central Hub
Tēnā koe / Greetings,
Welcome to the Central Hub page where you will find links and information to who we are, how we operate, the tertiary projects we are funding and how to contact us.
2018 will continue with many Professional Development workshops available and some new workshops offered for the first time. We are now in the planning stages for 2018 and will post the details as soon as they are available.
The Central Hub is now located on the Massey University Palmerston North Hokowhitu Campus in The Te Ara Building.
Useful links for the Central Hub
- who we are
- how we operate
- the tertiary projects we are funding
- how to contact us- new details
The Central Hub: Professional Learning and Development Workshops in your area
The Professional Development Programme is designed to support educators and managers working across New Zealand in diverse tertiary education environments. The programme offers high-quality events to enhance educators’ teaching practice and provide wider support towards organisational strategies that aim to improve educational outcomes for all learners.
Sign up to our Professional Learning and Development mailing list to hear about upcoming workshops in your area
We are continuing the planning process for 2018. Please let us know if you have any particular workshops that you would like to see offered. Contact Ian Ian.Rowe@ako.ac.nz
- Wednesday,1 November Engaging challenging learners - Palmerston North POSTPONED
- Wednesday, 8 November Supporting adults with dyslexia in tertiary education and training: An introduction - Wellington
- Tuesday, 14 November Engage, Enhance, Enliven: Practical tips and techniques to enhance learner engagements - Wellington - POSTPONED
- Tuesday, 21 November Evaluative Self Assessment to enhance organisational performance and learner outcomes - Wellington POSTPONED
- Monday, 27 November Engaging learners in a blended learning environment - Wellington
Book Your own event!
We welcome enquiries about offering Professional Development Programme workshops at other times for specific groups or organisations, contact us to discuss a tailored workshop for your staff, group or organisation with special rates and time to suit.
We continue to work on the current Regional Hub funded projects.
To find out about how to apply for the current round of RHPF.
Please contact me if you would like to discuss ways that we can work together for the benefit of tertiary learners.
Ian Rowe, Regional Hub Manager,
Ian.Rowe@ako.ac.nz or phone 06 951 9217
We look forward to hearing from you.
The Central Hub of Ako Aotearoa invites you to a free early evening seminar with three recent award recipients.
Academy of Tertiary Teaching Excellence recipients are acknowledged for sustained excellence in teaching. They willingly share their insights, methods, and passion for teaching.
Refreshments will then be available for informal discussions to continue.
Registration is essential. Click on the date/venue above to register