Ako Aotearoa Central Hub
Tēnā koe / Greetings,
Welcome to the Central Hub page where you will find links and information to who we are, how we operate, the tertiary projects we are funding and how to contact us.
2016 continues with many Professional Development workshops available and some new workshops offered for the first time. See the section below for details.
The Central Hub: Workshops in your area
The Professional Development Programme is designed to support educators and managers working across New Zealand in diverse tertiary education environments. The programme offers high-quality events to enhance educators’ teaching practice and provide wider support towards organisational strategies that aim to improve educational outcomes for all learners.
Sign up to our PD mailing list to hear about upcoming workshops in your area
- 29 October: Co-operative learning: A teacher's guide to working with groups - Wellington--POSTPONED
- 2 November: Evaluative Self-Assessment to enhance organisational performance and learner outcomes - Palmerston North
- 3 November: Engage, enhance, enliven: practical tips and techniques to enhance learner engagement - Wellington
- 9 November: Evaluative Self-Assessment to enhance organisational performance and learner outcomes - New Plymouth
- 10 November: Kia eke ki te taumata - Success for Maori in tertiary education - Palmerston North
- 12 November: Problem Based Learning: Creating student-led activities for work-ready outcomes - New Plymouth
- 19 November: Developing practices for new tertiary teachers - Wellington
- 23 November: Evaluative Self-Assessment to enhance organisational performance and learner outcomes - Gisborne
Book Your own event for 2016/2017
We welcome enquiries about offering Professional Development Programme workshops at other times for specific groups or organisations, contact us to discuss a tailored workshop for your staff, group or organisation with special rates and time to suit.
We continue to work on the current Regional Hub funded projects click here to find out about how to apply for the current round of RHPF.
Please contact me if you would like to discuss ways that we can work together for the benefit of tertiary learners.
Ian Rowe, Regional Hub Manager,
I.Rowe@ucol.ac.nz or phone 06 952 7153
We look forward to hearing from you.
Ako Aotearoa invites you to a free seminar with three recent Tertiary Teaching Excellence Award recipients. For more information and to register, follow the link of your choice of location.
Wellington, Tuesday, 15 November (details to follow soon)
These are free events, but registration is required.