New Zealand Vocational Education and Training Research Forum 2017
Wellington 25th and 26th October 2017
The Industry Training Federation (ITF) and Ako Aotearoa are proud to jointly host the 14th New Zealand Vocational Education and Training Research Forum (NZVETRF), New Zealand’s largest forum dedicated specifically to research on career-, work-, and skills-oriented education and training.
The NZVETRF provides an open environment for sharing work that has potential to shape practices, systems, and policies.
As an event designed to promote the sharing of findings across sectors and to support change, the NZ VET Research Forum includes presentations on evidence-based practical initiatives as well as findings from applied and basic research.
We use the term ‘vocational’ in its broadest sense, encompassing not just what is traditionally thought of as VET, but also professional education, integrating workplace elements into education programmes, and using skills to support good outcomes for workers, industries, and communities.
The forum will be of relevance to all educators, researchers, policymakers, and organisations who work in the areas of vocational, professional, and skills-based learning.
- ACE Trace presentation NZVET Conference
- Alkema NZVET2017
- Barber Wintec e2e NZVETR 2017
- Billett, S Griffith NTF Guidelines for integrating practice-based education 2011
- Chan NZVET 2017 eassessments
- Clarke Supporting the Maori Learners Journey_Final
- Couper 2017 VET research forum presentation G Couper
- Coxhead Trades vocabulary in Pacific contexts
- Duignan Employability skills NZVET Forum Oct 2017 CDT
- Fountain 2017NZVET Industry Influenced Collaboration
- Hamilton NZVET MFC
- Harris Pacific learner success in workplace settings
- Laraman Employability a fundamental design principle
- Murray NZVETRF Oct 2017
- NCVER From measuring to interpreting
- NZ VET conference_Emerging goals and responsive curriculumv2-handout
- Phil_Walker_ITO presentation_final
- Poskitt Degree apprenticeships
- Robertson VET Presentation 2017
- Spoonley Immigration and Diversity NZVET forum 26.10.17
- Squires NZVET 2017 Future vocational training for web
- Styles NZVET conference Oct 2017
- Taffard Women in trades
- Taylor NZVET Forum PPT slides
- Vaughan VETRF17
- Winitana NZVET 2017
- YETE NZVET presentation_26Oct17
The final programme is now available. We are delighted to announce our keynote speakers:
Day 1 – Professor Stephen Billet; Griffith University and Craig Fowler; National Centre for Vocational Education Research
Day 2 - Distinguished Professor Paul Spoonley, Massey University and Phil Walker, Statistics New Zealand
Please download the final programme here.
If you would like to be notified of further developments and when registrations open, please sign up to Ako Aotearoa’s Ako Alert newsletter, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the Industry Training Federation’s Real Skills newsletter.