Terms and Conditions of using the Ako Aotearoa website
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. They are divided into 2 parts:
- The General Terms and Conditions for use of the website, including our Privacy Statement
- Terms and Conditions for online purchasing through Ako Aotearoa.
'We/our/us' refer to Ako Aotearoa as described in the relevant web section. 'Website' refers to the website at http://www.akoaotearoa.ac.nz or any subsidiary or associated website addresses.
These Terms and Conditions govern our relationship with you in relation to your use of the Website. If you have any questions about them or do not wish to accept them, please contact the site administrator before using the Website.
These Terms and Conditions may change from time to time. Users will be made aware of the changes through notifications on the website. By registering on the website you accept these Terms and Conditions. Continued usage of the website indicates your on-going acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, including any changes to them.
- Purpose of Website
- Access to the Website
- Registered Users
- Governing Law
- Code of Conduct
- Ako Aotearoa’s Rights and Responsibilities
- Registered Users’ Rights and Responsibilities
- Site Feedback
- Archiving of Content
- Privacy Statement
- Copyright Statement
The Ako Aotearoa Website is for educational and professional purposes to enhance learning and teaching.
Unless stated otherwise, Ako Aotearoa does not endorse any opinion, statement or other content posted on, or accessible through, the website other than that expressed by Ako Aotearoa employees.
Ako Aotearoa disclaims and excludes all liability for any claim, loss, demand or damages of any kind whatsoever (including for negligence) arising out of or in connection with the use of either this website or the information, content or materials included on this site or on any website to which it is linked.
All users have access to the vast majority of information on the website. However, certain areas are reserved for Registered Users.
These Terms and Conditions apply specifically to Registered Users.
You will be given a login after registering with the site. An email will be sent to the address you entered in the registration process from the system to confirm your registration.
Registered users have the ability to:
- purchase products from the online shop
- register for events in Ako Aotearoa’s professional development programme
- post comments and engage in discussion on the forums
- ask to join a Community – once you are a member of the Community you may participate by providing content and uploading resources to the site.
These terms and conditions shall be construed and applied in accordance with the laws of New Zealand, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts to determine any matter or dispute that arises under these Terms and Conditions in accordance with the laws of New Zealand.
Registered users of the site will commit to using the site for educational and professional purposes to enhance learning and teaching. Because this is a public forum, we request your courteousy towards, and respect for other users’ viewpoints. Lively debate is encouraged but your comments must not be personally abusive
Ako Aotearoa will not be responsible for screening, monitoring or verifying the Community-generated content of the material posted on the site, including any content's accuracy, reliability or compliance with copyright or other laws. However, we may from time to time monitor or review these postings.
Ako Aotearoa reserves the right to:
- remove or edit content that is deemed inappropriate, offensive, irrelevant to the site, or of a commercial nature
- revoke the registration of users who do not comply with these Terms and Conditions
- determine on a case-by-case basis which requests for Communities or Project spaces will be approved
- remove or archive Communities or Project groups that are acting inappropriately, aren’t relevant to the site, or inactive for 6 months
- mediate in any dispute about use within Communities.
Ako Aotearoa will:
- do its utmost to protect the privacy of the users of the site in accordance with the Privacy Statement
- respond to feedback or questions about the site
- provide assistance to Community owners and moderators.
Registered users of the site must:
- register under their own name
- maintain only one registration
- accept and comply with these Terms and Conditions
- not disclose their username and password to anyone else
- warrant that they are entitled to deal with the intellectual property rights in material that the contribute to the site, including any embedded third party material
- warrant that material they post on the site is not illegal or defamatory and will not expose Ako Aotearoa to any civil or criminal liability, including but not limited to a warranty that the material is not misleading or deceptive or likely to mislead or deceive
- indemnify Ako Aotearoa for any breach of the warranties specified above
Registered users of the have the right to:
- apply to join Communities
- put forward a request for a Community or Project group
- provide feedback about the site
- comment on public material in discussion forums
- complain about material that they deem inappropriate
- discuss with Ako Aotearoa if their Community membership or site registration is revoked
- purchase products from the online shop
- register for events in Ako Aotearoa’s professional development programme.
We welcome feedback about the site but please forward any comments or feedback regarding the site and the functionality it contains to the site administrator in the first instance.
The system will provide archiving capabilities with time-limits fully configurable by the site administrator.
Community owners will get notifications if material is due for archiving and will be able to edit and update material in the normal content publication process.
- Archived content on the site. (Deleted Content)
This is content that has reached the end of its life and can be removed from the website. To a content editor, this will appear to them as a “Delete”. To satisfy recordkeeping requirements, the content will not actually be deleted, but changed so that only the Ako Administrator can view it.
- Archived off site (Back Ups)
The website content will be archived for disaster recovery and recordkeeping purposes. This is done at the server level outside of the Content Management System.
In order to help protect your personal information, please do not disclose your Username or Password to anyone.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information we hold is not subject to loss or misuse or unauthorised access, disclosure or alteration.
Any unsolicited contact you receive as a result of personal information you have publicly released is your responsibility, however any misconduct in behaviour from users of the system should be reported to the Site Administrator immediately.
Registered Users are able to manage subscriptions to Ako Aotearoa communications from their account page. Ako Aotearoa respects your right to choose the communications you receive. We always provide a means by which you may choose to unsubscribe from communications.
You may, at any time, request to see the contact information that we have for you. You may also, at any time, request that we withdraw your contact information from our database. Under no circumstances will we sell, rent or give your private information including name, address or email to third parties.
Individual users are not identified in Website statistics. These statistics are used to improve the site and monitor traffic.
Material published on this site is, by default, done so under the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution – Non-commercial – Share-alike New Zealand license. Click on the link to have this licence explained.
If you wish to publish content under a different license, you will need to discuss this with Ako Aotearoa.