Terms and conditions – registering for an Ako Aotearoa event
Ako Aotearoa events include workshops, forums, seminars, conferences and symposia and other events, most of which are run under the Ako Aotearoa Professional Development Programme.
Registering for an event
- Registrations for all events are required. Events have a limited number of places. When all places have been filled, Ako Aotearoa may operate a ‘waiting list’ for people still wishing to attend. To ensure you secure a place, we recommend payment by credit card.
- Registrations are confirmed once the registration form has been submitted. Please note registrations cannot be accepted unless the registration form has been fully completed.
- Invoices are raised by Massey University on behalf of Ako Aotearoa, there may be a delay between registering for the event and receiving the invoice.
- Refer to Terms and Conditions for online purchasing through Ako Aotearoa for more information.
- You can access your completed registration forms by logging into your user account on this website.
- The person registered on the registration form is liable for payment to Ako Aotearoa of the registration fees for the event.
Withdrawing from an event or cancelling your registration
- If a registered person is unable to attend a substitute may be sent at no extra cost.
- If you withdraw from an event or cancel your registration within seven (7) days, then no refund can be given. In extenuating circumstances, Ako Aotearoa, at its discretion, may decide to offer a full or partial refund.
- Only withdrawals or cancellations notified in writing to Ako Aotearoa can be considered for a refund. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, with event title in the subject line.
Cancellation of an event
Ako Aotearoa reserves the right to cancel a scheduled event in exceptional circumstances or if the minimum number of registrations is not reached. In these circumstances a full refund of any fees will be arranged.
In general, 7 working days’ notice will be given if a workshop is to be cancelled.